A GLOBALISED GUIDE TO THE BEST IN FOOD: COOKING IT, EATING IT AND ENJOYING IT!

Monday, October 22, 2007

Completing the BBQ Menu

Following on from the posts about marinades, side dishes and grilling various meats I am going to finish off the BBQ promotion week with some other ideas for dishes to accompany a grilled meat –fest.

Tomorrow normal service will be resumed with yet more restaurant reviews, recipes and some thoughts for the next feature.

Generally a lunch or dinner al fresco at the HMHB household would consist of a large platter of grilled meats (rib-eye steaks, chicken thighs and some lamb leg). Over the meat, or in a pot to one side, will be some coarsely chopped salsa verde.

I like to serve quite a hearty potato dish as I think you need a little bit of heavy stodgy carbs to go with the various salads. My all time favourite potato dish is THIS ONE, please do try it, it is seriously great and so easy to put together.

I also usually serve the following salads:

Caesar Salad

Mixed bean salad with balsamic dressing

Mozzarella salad

In fact this menu has become such staple fare that my lovely wife has been begging me to expand my repertoire, so clearly it is time to try some of Alexander’s great recipes.

Well we hope you enjoyed the BBQ week, now onto newer things!

No comments: