A GLOBALISED GUIDE TO THE BEST IN FOOD: COOKING IT, EATING IT AND ENJOYING IT!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Fake Blueberries



I have just come across a rather worrying video about how blueberries are 'faked' in cereals and other breakfast products.


I never really thought that a product that claims to contain blueberries, or any other berries for that matter, might not actually be telling the truth. I just this morning had the last of my breakfast cereal allegedly containing raspberries and have unfortunately thrown away the box so couldn't analyse the ingredients.


I tell you one thing for sure though; I will never again be buying pop-tarts for my children - no matter how much they nag! See what you think.

2 comments:

Alexander said...

Yew. I quite believe this - it's amazing what American food processors will do - and can get away with. All those fat, juicy blueberries on packaging for products that don't contain blueberries is amazing!

Shereen said...

The Marks and Spencers cereal with berries really does contain berries. Good old M&S!